To sell ferrous scrap to Cheburator Company is easy and convenient
If you have collected tens of kilograms of non-ferrous products and their waste - our company will buy this scrap at the highest fair price after agreeing all the conditions, also in case of having several hundred kilograms - we will solve the problem of their removal.
Honesty, efficiency and quick payment on the spot with transfer of all required documents are guaranteed.
It is pleasant and safe to work with us!
The undoubted advantage of non-ferrous scrap (non-ferrous metal) is its high cost. The most valuable types of non-ferrous metals are: copper, which can be sold at a price that 20 times higher than ferrous scrap (up to 130 hryvnia per 1 kg) and brass (an alloy of copper with zinc and tin) - up to 90 hryvnia. The most expensive non-ferrous metals are nickel and tin, although they are rarely found, but they are even 3 times higher than copper.
Nickel is usually part of stainless steel and significantly increases its value. The value of stainless steel in the market of recycling materials is growing in proportion to the nickel content, about 2 hryvnia per 1%. The standard content of this material in stainless steel is 8% and 10%. Stainless steel, in which chromium is used instead of nickel or silicon, has no such value and is accepted at the price of ordinary ferrous metal.
The smallest cost in the market for non-ferrous metals is given for aluminum - up to 35 hryvnia and stainless steel - up to 25.
Factors that affect the cost of non-ferrous scrap
- Current price range for the reception of non-ferrous metal in Ukraine;
- Actual weight of the collected scrap;
- Metal grades;
- Contamination and scrap condition;
- Cost of delivery of scrap at the reception site;
- Cost of additional loading services;
- Honesty, decency and technical equipment of the acceptor.
Products related to non-ferrous scrap metals:
- scrap of aluminum and stainless materials: containers, pipes, radiators, roofing materials, gutters, components and assemblies of ships and aircraft, packaging and utensils;
- waste of metalworking industries: copper, brass and aluminum shavings;
- sanitary installations, decorative items, statues of copper, bronze and brass;
- electrical transformers, motors, components and assemblies of machinery and household appliances, containing aluminum parts and copper winding;
- electrical and network wires containing copper, aluminum and tin;
- car batteries (automotive) batteries and radiators.
- Industrial waste
- Wires: electrical, power lines, network and telephone ones. Copper, aluminum and tin wires;
- Shavings. Their most popular types are copper, brass and aluminum chips;
- Scrapped machinery, transport and special equipment
- Assemblies of machines and their components often contain a copper coil and aluminum parts, transformers, motors, electric engines, radiators, automotive batteries;
- Elements and assemblies of aircraft and ships;
- Tanks and containers made of aluminum and stainless steel;
- Building and finishing materials
- Pipes and heating radiators made of aluminum, stainless steel and copper;
- Aluminum decorative panels and profiles;
- Roofing materials;
- Decorative and sanitary products made of copper,
bronze and brass
- Sanitary devices and their parts, faucets, taps and fittings for bathrooms and kitchens;
- Furniture accessories;
- Interior design items;
- Statues, busts;
- Medical and dental waste
- Cutting tools and consumables made of special and stainless steel.
- Parts of household appliances
- TV sets, refrigerators, washing machines comprise many elements, containing copper;
- Electrical fuses;
- Fluorescent lamps contain up to 300 grams of copper in their fittings.
- Other household waste
- Package and packaging. Aluminum cans are found everywhere today;
- Utensils and tableware made of aluminum, tin and stainless steel;
- Batteries and portable batteries, which contain nickel and zinc.
To sell scrap to our company quickly and profitably:
- Call us and confirm the price of your metal scrap. We always reserve for you the right to choose, and impose nothing. In our rules - to give the highest and fair prices for receiving scrap and to meet customers’ demands in order to achieve the most mutually beneficial conditions.
- If you have got 2 or more than 2 tons of scrap - we will come and pick it up ourselves. For delivery less than 2 tons - bring it to the nearest of our junkyards with your own transport or use the pickup service from our trusted partners.
- Your scrap will be weighed on accurate automotive or electronic scales. After that its real value will be determined.
- We will collect your scrap, and you will receive a payment for it in a convenient way immediately.
If demolition is required - contact us to arrange a free visit of specialist for a preliminary assessment of the complexity and cost of work.
Delivery of load from the upper floors of high-rise buildings is paid additionally.
Do you have difficulty in determining the type and amount of your scrap?
- Take a close-up photo of all available scrap;
- Describe its approximate amount and weight;
- Specify the condition of the scrap: whether it is homogeneous metal or different types of metal, a mixture of metallic or non-metallic waste;
- Give us address where your scrap is located.
How much does ferrous scrap cost in Kharkiv?
There are hundreds of scrap metal junkyards in Kharkiv today. Almost all acceptors declare that they purchase scrap metal expensive or at highest cost!
It is important to understand that scrap acceptors for promotional purposes usually put a non-existent or maximum price, which is elusive in reality and depends on a number of factors.
Our prices are current and they are given with due regard for contamination content! Call us to find out all the details regarding your case.
Do you sell scrap infrequently and have not decided on the most
suitable company and price for you yet? Then it makes sense at
least to look for offers in the Internet and try to analyze and check them.
After that, call Cheburator again.
Learn more ⬇
If you do not find out from the acceptor, what the conditions are, in advance, and what exactly is included in the proposed price for scrap, be ready to get much less money and a number of arguments (which were prudently kept silent), why it is so, at the time of selling scrap at the reception site.
Most likely, the real price for scrap will be somewhere within the price range specified in the price list, therefore such offers are more correct and should be considered first of all.
How to increase the value of sold non-ferrous scrap
Large scrap purchasers are unlikely to buy only a few kilograms of metal from you at a high price. Remember that to sell non-ferrous scrap at the highest possible price, it makes sense to collect at least several tens of kilograms of this material before turning to the reception center.
In the case of scrapping a large product or device consisting of various
units and materials (for example, a passenger car, electric motor or
refrigerator) and time permitting, having tools and desire to earn
more – it makes sense to disassemble them by removing non-metallic parts,
made of glass and plastic. Otherwise, employees of the receiving site
will do this work for you later, but this will lower the scrap
Learn more ⬇
Using the methods described here, try to identify the metallic elements related to the non-ferrous metal, and separate them from ferrous scrap, which is much cheaper.
Cables containing wires from non-ferrous metals should be completely free of insulation to increase their value at the time of scrappage. This can be done either with a knife or with a more productive method of roasting on fire or with a burner for burning out plastic insulation. If you do not release the metal wire from insulation, it will be difficult to determine its appearance and condition.
We do not accept
- Motor transport, which is not de-registered, or without documents;
- Railway equipment or military hardware without documents;
- Manhole covers or fences without documents;
- Car (automotive) batteries with non-drained electrolyte;
- Shells or their fragments, as well as other explosive objects.
Risks associated with scrappage
- Incorrect determination of weight, type, contamination and condition of the metal;
- Silence existence of additional costs for loading and removal;
- Dishonesty and illegality of acceptor;
- Payment delay.
Benefits from the collection and disposal of non-ferrous metals
Nowadays, non-ferrous metal scrap, or non-ferrous metal, is a popular and valuable type of waste, which mainly includes industrial electrical equipment and wires, as well as some products and its constituent elements, manufactured by the metalworking, construction and chemical industry, medical equipment, automotive and aircraft products, as well as materials that are part of numerous household appliances.
In contrast to steel, non-ferrous metals do not contain iron and have significantly higher rates of tableware electrical and thermal conductivity, corrosion resistance and plasticity. It should be noted especially stainless steel, which, although contains iron, but still ranks as non-ferrous metals due to the presence of nickel. Stainless steel may have a different composition, but nickel is the metal that is valued in it. Special steels also have the presence of non-ferrous metal alloying additives and are valued above normal scrap.
Since ancient times, humanity has used copper and bronze for making of
implements, tools and jewelry, and now they are extremely popular non-ferrous
metals. These metals are found in nature and environment much less
frequently than iron. In addition, products from non-ferrous metals
have lower strength and durability.
Learn more ⬇
Over time or for other reasons, structures, even made of these durable materials, still wear out, become unusable, are decommissioned, or simply become unnecessary. In this case, such metal products are considered to be non-ferrous scrap metal. Usually they are stored somewhere in the territory of enterprises, put in the trash, or simply left in the workplace until getting rid of them.
Non-ferrous metals can be reused without the need to extract them again from natural resources, while polluting the environment with hazardous waste. According to statistics, aluminum is the most recyclable non-ferrous metal, which accounts for more than 60%. It is followed by copper - 15%, tin and lead - 18%, and stainless steel - 2%.
The ever-increasing demand for new metal and modern technologies for its collection and utilization for recycling provides excellent opportunities for every scrap metal owner, not only to get rid of garbage, freeing up valuable space, but also to make good money.
How to determine the type and condition of metal in non-ferrous scrap
First, scrap owners should try to collect all of the existing metal and its waste in one place in order to give some information of its total amount and composition, and then describe it as a list for estimating and calculating the approximate cost.
1. Reaction to a magnet
Quite easily, but not always accurately, the type and composition of the metal can be determined by the reaction to a small neodymium magnet on a thin rope. Non-ferrous metals react to it differently: pure copper and lead are not attracted to a magnet, tin and titanium are weakly attracted, and nickel is attracted strongly! For example, if you drive a magnet along a piece of pure copper, it will repel slightly, and in the case of brass, it will even slightly adhere to it due to the presence of tin in the alloy.
2. Colour and density of the metal
- Copper is a reddish metal, depending on the state it may have greenish areas of rust;
- Brass is a heavy alloy of copper, zinc and a little tin, which has a reddish or yellow tinge and grayish spots. Red brass is less common, but is valued above yellow because of its higher copper content. This is a popular material for pipes and plumbing;
- Bronze is a widespread alloy of 80% copper and 20% tin. Often used not only as a material for sculptures and objects of internal decor, in the form of chandeliers and door handles, but also for bearings and other high-friction machine parts. It is often practically impossible to distinguish bronze from brass without special equipment, and their value is almost the same;
- Aluminum has a silver colour, but it is often painted white. Metal easily bends in thin products;
- Tin has a silvery-white colour with a matt surface and it is easily melted by a soldering iron;
- Lead is darker than tin and about 2 times heavier than it is;
- Stainless steel has a brilliant light silver or golden hue and different value depending on the percentage of nickel it contains. If, instead of nickel, metal contains manganese or silicon, it is accepted at the price of normal ferrous scrap;
- Nickel is a silver-white metal with a matt surface. It is used mainly as a component in stainless steel and is rarely found in its pure form;
- Titanium is lighter than a stainless steel, it is rarely found and much more expensive than it is.
3. Types of spark that occurs when cutting metal
There is another, more advanced way to determine the content of the metal in terms of the appearance and colour of the spark, carved by the angle grinder when it is cut. However, only a limited number of experts can use this method, among whom are employees of Cheburator, too.
- nickel stainless steel gives a reddish spark in the form of a steady stream;
- manganese stainless steel gives a spark splashing to the sides, like a Roman candle;
- when cutting chrome stainless steel, the carved spark has approximately the same appearance as when cutting ferrous metal;
- titanium gives a white spark, with a slightly purple tint.
4. Using a spectrometer for accurate metal determination
If necessary, we will conduct an accurate spectral analysis within 2 hours to determine composition of the metal sample provided to us.
If you have collected several tens of kilograms of non-ferrous scrap and find it difficult to determine its type and value, call us for a free consultation.
Do you still have any scrap or questions?
Call us, Cheburator always glad to help you and turn useless scrap into real money!